Picking out the right engagement ring is one of the most meaningful parts of your proposal. After all, she’s going to wear the diamond forever and it’s a symbol of the unbreakable love you both share. So how do you find the ring of her dreams while maintaining an element of surprise?
Many couples find that shopping for rings together is the solution. This gives you a clear idea of the diamond that catches her eye. On the other hand, many women like the timeless romance of having her future groom surprise her with a ring.
If you’re planning a romantic marriage proposal and want to choose an engagement ring that takes her breath away, here are a few ways to know if you should go ring shopping together:
- She has specific taste. By specific, I mean, she has an eye for detail and rarely lets anyone shop for her–even you! She may have such distinct taste that she wants a custom engagement ring. In this case, it’s probably best to browse together.
- She doesn’t know what she wants. On the other end of the spectrum, many women with a laidback sense of style have never considered the type of ring they want. They may not understand the differences between each cut of diamond, so visiting a jeweler can be helpful for both of you.
- You have a very specific budget. It’s wise to have a specific budget, especially as you begin your future together. Whether you decide to tell her how much you want to spend or not, shopping together allows you to guide her in a specific section so she doesn’t choose a ring you can’t afford.
Want to keep the mystery alive and surprise her with an engagement ring instead? Here’s how to know if you shouldn’t shop for rings together:
- She loves surprises more than anyone you know. There’s no surprise here–if she craves the unexpected and hates knowing what her gifts are before she opens them, you may be able to pick a ring she’ll love!
- She doesn’t have a strong sense of style. For a lot of women, diamonds of any cut and size are beautiful especially if she’s flexible with her style. And if she’s especially sentimental, knowing that you hand-picked the ring for her will make it even more beautiful in her eyes.
- You already have an idea of what she wants. Has she showed you pictures or hinted around to the style diamond she likes? Make sure you read her cues. They will be your roadmap when you’re in the jewelry store.
Can’t decide whether to shop together or not? It’s also possible to have the best of both worlds. You can visit a jeweler together but have her narrow it down to her top three choices, so you can still surprise her with the final decision!
No matter what you decide, The Heart Bandits is here to help you plan a creative marriage proposal with just as much glamour and romance as the diamond in your pocket. And to keep that diamond safe, check out these compact engagement ring boxes from Ring Stash!Emily Barge