Booking a proposal venue can be a stressful ordeal. Many people don’t know where to start. Here are 5 Helpful Hints for Booking A Proposal Venue:
Tip 1: Keep Your Budget in Mind
- Always inquire what the holding deposit is to book your venue – and if you decide that you really want a venue, be sure to place a deposit with them to secure your date
- Make sure that your chosen venue is within your budget
- Realize that many venues have lower prices during the off-season and during the week. Your dream venue may be affordable if you can be flexible on the date.
Tip 2: Get It In Writing
- Booking a venue will require a contract
- Make sure that your contract is not only verbal (over the phone or in person) but in writing
- Don’t underestimate the importance of having everything in writing – if you make a change, then update the contract to reflect that change and make sure that all parties sign off on it
Tip 3: Protection Is Priceless
- Many venues will have an insurance policy built into the contract that they sign with you
- If a venue isn’t insured, then you need to be sure that you purchase insurance for the event in case anything happens
- Get the most coverage that you can afford. An unforeseen accident can have costly consequences.
Tip 4: Clear Communication
- Make sure that all communication is as clear and straightforward as possible. If you’re dealing with multiple people at a venue, then you need to make sure that everyone is on the same page with everything that has been discussed.
- Try to avoid using a middle-man. Don’t have your cousin’s friend’s father talk to the venue for you. If you haven’t hired a professional to intercede on your behalf, then make sure that you are speaking with the venue directly. Miscommunication is easily avoided!
- If you want to make changes at a venue, such as installing special lighting, then you need to make sure that you’ve discussed it with the venue ahead of time – don’t assume that you can do whatever you want just because you’re renting the space.
Tip 5: Know What You Want
- It’s easy to be swayed into doing things you don’t really want or need by a pushy venue operator – know ahead of time the services that you want
- Make sure that the costs for everything that you want are clearly laid out upfront. Avoid a nasty surprise when the bill comes!
- Make sure that the venue can handle the things that you want to do – not all venues can accommodate all the things you may desire. It’s important to know what you want ahead of time so that you can book a venue that will!
Booking a venue can be confusing if you haven’t done it before. Avoid the stress and let a professional proposal planner from the The Heart Bandits handle all of your planning needs instead!
Don’t forget to check out Ringstash.com for the best engagement ring box on the market – not only will its stylish and modern design hold your ring securely, the box is perfect for keeping your ring hidden until just the right moment.Christina Clawson