As a Proposal Planner at The Heart Bandits, I get asked to help make some difficult decisions. One of the decisions that I help clients make a lot is whether they should propose in the city they live in or on a destination trip. To help with that decision for future clients, I have decided to put together some points about proposing in either location. This should help you figure out where to propose.
Propose In The City You Live In
- You are more familiar with the area. This is helpful if you are not hiring a Proposal Planner because you will already have good ideas for which venues may work for your proposal.
- You have memories here. The city that you currently live in is likely to be the place where you have spent a lot of your time with your girlfriend making memories. These memories will provide you with an ample amount of proposal ideas to chose from.
- It will cost less money than proposing on a destination trip. Or another way to look at it is you will have more money to spend on the actual proposal vs including traveling costs.
- Your friends and family will be close by to help celebrate. This could also be good if you need help with the actual proposal.
Propose In Destination City
- You will have the opportunity to propose somewhere new. People love the thought of proposing somewhere exotic that is different than what they are used to on a day to day basis.
- The destination could make for great photos! Depending on where you go, the proposal photos could come out phenomenal and quite different than they would if you proposed at home.
- You will be able to make new memories.
- It will be more expensive than if you proposed in your hometown.
- Depending on where you go, there could be language barriers and unfamiliar laws and customs. That could be a huge problem if you are not hiring a Proposal Planner to help you plan the details. The last thing you want to do is to get arrested during your proposal! GASP!
Don’t feel like you are alone in planning your proposal. The Heart Bandits are full service Proposal Planners and we will be on your team as you put together an amazing and memorable proposal. Contact us today for more information.Michele