Celebrities are well known for being over the top and celebrity engagements are not an exception. From large diamond rings to popping the question on live television, here is a countdown of the best celebrity marriage proposals:
- Seal and Heidi Klum – Heidi Klum described Seal’s proposal as a “once in a lifetime event”. The singer arranged for a helicopter to deliver the couple to a 14,000-foot tall glacier. An igloo was built atop the glacier, which contained a covered with rose petals, candles, and champagne. Seal asked for Heidi’s hand in marriage with a 10-karat diamond ring.
- Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon – Ryan Phillippe took a hint from popular marriage blogs when he proposed to actress Reese Witherspoon. He proposed to her at the Planter’s Inn, bed and breakfast in Savannah, Georgia. He proposed while serving Witherspoon waffles with strawberries and whipped cream in bed.
- Courtney Cox and David Arquette – David Arquette proposed to Courtney Cox on a beach in Florida. This may seem like a typical engagement, but the star factor occurred as Arquette arranged for fireworks to go off as soon as he asked her to marry him.
- Pink and Carey Hart – Pink took the ropes on this proposal, asking boyfriend Carey Hart to marry her. While Hart was doing laps on a motor cross track, the singer held up a sign that asked “Will You Marry Me?” She then flipped the sign over to reveal the message “I’m serious.”
- Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott – This proposal was centered on one of Spelling’s favorite holidays: Christmas. Dean arranged for a horse-drawn carriage to take him and Spelling down a path lit with Christmas lights. At the end of the path, stood a table surrounded by Christmas trees, holding a diamond and sapphire ring. Can you say picture perfect?
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley – Josh Kelley’s proposal to Katherine Heigl was nothing short of thoughtful. As the couple met on the set of one of Josh’s music videos, Josh took her back to the same bungalow where they first met to ask for her hand in marriage.
- Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise – Tom Cruise proposed to Katie Holmes just as every little girl imagines it. He took her to a restaurant in Paris called Le Jules Verne for a romantic dinner. The couple then went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, where Tom Cruise popped the question.
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon – Nick Cannon’s proposal was actually the inspiration for Mariah Carey’s perfume called Lollipop Bling. To ask for her hand in marriage, Nick creatively presented Mariah with a ring pop that contained the engagement ring.
“Marie Claire” (2012)